My Sinchew/ Lahad Datu standoff

Bodies of 16 Sulu militants sent to Lahad Datu hospital, High Court told

Security forces collected the bodies of 16 Sulu militant intruders at Kampung Tanjung Batu, Lahad Datu and sent them to the district hospital last year, the High Court was told today.


Winning credit rather than getting angry

Instead of getting angry at foreign media and Chinese netizens, it is better to rectify and improve ourselves. If we are doing good enough, who else can discredit us?


IGP's statement misinterpreted: Sabah CP

Sabah Commissioner of Police (IGP), Datuk Hamza Taib has urged all parties particularly the media not to speculate on Inspector General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar's statement regarding claims of imminent attacks on Sabah by militant groups.


No attempt by Abu Sayyaf, MNLF to intrude into Sabah's east coast

Eastern Sabah Security Command (Esscom) Director-General Datuk Mohammad Mentek said there has been no attempt by members of the Abu Sayyaf group or the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF)to penetrate into the coastal areas of eastern Sabah.


Security one of pillars in nation-building: Najib

The Lahad Datu armed intrusion early this year has served as a lesson that security aspect encompassing the country's rights and sovereignty should be regarded as one of the pillars in nation-building, said Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.


Sulu terrorist threat remains despite Kiram's death

Although Jamalul Kiram III of the so-called Sulu sultanate died yesterday, the threat of Sulu terrorists against Malaysia remained, said Home Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.


Federal govt to fulfill pledge on Esscom, Esszone

KOTA KINABALU, Oct 21 (Bernama) -- The federal government is committed to fulfilling its promise to the people of Sabah, of implementing the Eastern Sabah Security Command (Esscom), which is the security enforcement agency in the Eastern Sabah Security Zone (Esszone).

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said the federal government, however, would not do anything without the agreement of the people of Sabah.


Tian Chua gets stay of trial pending appeal

The Court of Appeal here today allowed Batu member of Parliament Tian Chua's application to have the trial on his sedition charge with regard to his alleged statement on the Lahad Datu intrusion, be stayed pending disposal of his appeal.


Tian Chua fails to strike out sedition charge

Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PRK) vice-president Tian Chua has failed in his attempt to strike out a sedition charge against him over his statement on the Lahad Datu intrusion.


Trial of 30 terrorist suspects postponed

The high court here today postponed the trial of 30 alleged terrorists to allow the prosecution and defence to view all documents pertaining to the case.