Home  >  News

Peter Pang to remain in state cabinet for the time being - CM

KOTA KINABALU, Thursday 2 September 2010 (Bernama) -- Datuk Peter Pang En Yin, who quit the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) yesterday, will be retained in the state cabinet for the moment, Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman said today.

"For the time being, Datuk Pang will remain in the state cabinet and retain his ministerial portfolio and the post of deputy chief minister," he told reporters.

Musa, when met after the Sabah State Action Council meeting here, said he would discuss Pang's status with the Barisan Nasional (BN) component parties in the state.

Pang quit the LDP yesterday in disagreement over the party's stand that it could not work with Musa but would remain in the BN. Pang had offered to relinquish his government posts but said he would continue to serve as a BN representative under Musa's leadership.

"I met (Pang) him yesterday. I'm sure you know, as mentioned in the papers, he's resigning from the LDP. We cannot intervene in the matter. It is a party matter.

Replying to a question, Musa said it was up to Pang if he wished to join any other BN component party.

Asked if Pang had informed him which party he would be joining as it had been reported that he was likely to join Gerakan, as stated by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak yesterday, Musa said: "I don't know. Maybe. But he has not informed me."

Meanwhile, Sabah Gerakan today invited Pang to join the party.

Its chairman, Datuk Gordon Leong, said all Sabah Gerakan divisions made a collective unanimous decision to invite Pang to join the party.

"We believe that Sabah Gerakan will be able to provide Datuk Pang a platform to continue to play an effective role within the Sabah BN government and serve the people of Sabah," he said in a joint statement with two party vice-presidents, Datuk Raymond Tan and Tan Sri Liew Yun Fah.

On another matter, Musa said the Transport Ministry, through its appointed consultant for the Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA) expansion project, had given a briefing on the progress of work after the state government had expressed dissatisfaction over the delay.

"I have asked the state Infrastructure Development Ministry to write a letter to the Transport Ministry with regard to the project delay, particularly involving the airport runway expansion," he said.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha, during a working visit to the state in August, revealed that the new deadline for Package 2 of KKIA upgrading work - comprising the runway expansion and other supporting facilities – was March 18 next year, signalling another delay after several extensions since the original timeline in April 2009.

MySinchew 2010.09.02

 

广告

Copyright © 2018 MCIL Multimedia Sdn Bhd (515740-D).
All rights reserved. Contact us : [email protected]