Teoh's inquest postponed to Jan 7

SHAH ALAM, Dec 17 (Bernama) -- The inquest into the death of political aide Teoh Beng Hock, which was scheduled to resume today, has been postponed again, to Jan 7, according to Gobind Singh Deo, lawyer for the Teoh family.

The inquest had been postponed earlier from Dec 8 to today.

Gobind Singh, when contacted by the media, said the case would be mentioned again on Jan 7 to enable all parties to enlighten the court on the result of the second post-mortem conducted on Teoh.

The media has been made to understand that the report of the pathologists from Sungai Buloh Hospital was not ready yet.

The date for the resumption of hearing would be set on Jan 7, said Gobind Singh.

On Nov 22, pathologists from the Forensics Department of Sungai Buloh Hospital, headed by the Pathology Unit chief of the hospital Dr Shahidan Md. Noor, conducted the second post-mortem on Teoh after his body was exhumed the previous day.

Teoh was buried again on Nov 24 at Nirvana Memorial Park in Semenyih.

The second post mortem was conducted after Teoh's family sought to challenge the testimony that Teoh had fallen to his death and that the unexpected death was more likely the result of suicide.

Teoh, 30, political secretary to Selangor's Seri Kembangan state assemblyman Ean Yong Hian Wah was found dead on July 16 on the fifth floor of Plaza Masalam in Shah Alam after he had given his statement as a witness into the alleged misappropriation of funds by Selangor assemblymen, at the Selangor Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) office located at the building.

MySinchew 2009.12.17